Who are we? We’re a group of local volunteers and residents that actively work to maintain and develop Staple Hill as a vibrant and viable community.
What do we do? In partnership with South Gloucestershire Council, our work focuses primarily on improving the following development areas in Staple Hill:
Key agencies such as the police and public health regularly also consult with the partnership on matters affecting our community.
To support this work, we’ve set up specific groups that work alongside these public agencies to help identify and take action on priority community issues affecting local people. We also work with local businesses, our police beat team, schools and youth groups. We get a lot of support from local churches and other voluntary groups in our area.
Our achievements: In the last few years, we’ve supported and enabled many positive developments, which include:
• A new local library
• Set up of a community hub on the Pendennis Estate
• Redevelopment of Fountain Sqaure
• Restoring paving on the High St
• Set up of friendship clubs for our elderly residents
• Supporting the development of an old primary school
• Becoming the lead community group for Staple Hill Priority Neighbourhood
How can you get involved? As a Staple Hill resident, you can support our work by:
• becoming a member (free)
• attending our meetings and events
• volunteering with us
• promoting our work, membership and events on social media
• signing up to our e-mailing list to keep you in touch with local developments
Tel: 01454 868374